The Concrete Cross

NLRCA's Concrete Cross was part of the original St. Mary's Church. The first Church was built around 1896. This parish was built for the men and women who either worked for the Veterans Hospital or the Missouri Pacific Railroad. 

In 1926, the original church of St. Mary's burned and the Concrete Cross sustained several cracks while falling during the fire. The Concrete Cross was then stored in Danny Sarna's family garage for several decades. When St. Mary's School's name changed in 2008, Danny Sarna brought the Concrete Cross to be incorporated in the existing North Little Rock Catholic Academy sign.