North Little Rock Catholic Academy has had its name since the 2007/2008 school year, but it has existed in its current location at St. Mary’s Parish in the Baring Cross neighborhood of North Little Rock since 1898. Started by the Sisters of Mercy to serve the children of the railroad workers, many of whom were immigrants from Poland and worked at the Missouri Pacific train yard across Pike Avenue from the school, NLRCA has educated children from all over Central Arkansas for over a century.
Today our mission remains largely unchanged from that of the Sisters in the nineteenth century: to instill love in our students for Christ their Savior according to Catholic Christian principles while also providing a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare graduating students for advanced high school programs. Our school welcomes families from a vast variety of backgrounds, and through the diversity of its student body and staff, students learn in an environment that mirrors the world they will inhabit as adults. Our school strives to strengthen the faith of its students and nurture a curiosity across the curriculum that will lead them to be problem solvers who maintain their sense of childhood joy in hope of an unlimited future.